BlueArc develops Marcs mobile site
BlueArc Group, one of Australia’s leading digital agencies, announces the launch of the Marcs mobile site.
A long-term digital partner of Marcs, BlueArc designed and developed the mobile site with simplicity and usability in mind. BlueArc’s integration of the mobile site with Marcs’ current web Content Management System (CMS) and stock management systems ensures easy access to areas of the site most relevant to users on the go. Incorporating ‘swipe’ functionality to allow for simple browsing, the site has been optimised to a high resolution, providing the highest quality output for the audience.
Lyle Hudson, Group Operating Officer, M Webster Holdings, said, “We are very excited to have Marcs fully accessible to customers on the go. No matter what device is used to browse the site, BlueArc has made the experience consistent and relevant to our audience; something we believe sets us apart from our competition. Working with BlueArc on this project was yet again a delightful experience. The team at BlueArc continues to encourage and inspire our digital journey, taking our online offering from strength to strength.”
Other key features of the Marcs mobile site include:
- Mobile Commerce – purchases can be made via the mobile site through integration with the PayPal payment gateway or via credit card.
- Mobile purchases tracking – integration with the Marcs stock management software.
- GPS location tracking – uses a customer’s location to display closest stores.
- “My Favourites” – this allows customers to add a list of items they can consult in the future, when they have more time.
- Social Media – integration with social media allows users to share and like specific products.
Ben Eames, BlueArc Commercial Director, said, “BlueArc has worked with Marcs for almost five years and during this time it has been a privilege to help expand Marcs’ digital offering. It is with pride in the entire BlueArc team that I say that the Marcs mobile site offers a seamless transition from web to mobile while successfully delivering a customer experience that is relevant and on brand.”
BlueArc is also currently working with Marcs’ parent company, M Webster Holdings, on mobile sites for women’s clothing brands David Lawrence and Jigsaw. Both mobile sites are scheduled for launch in July.
In an acknowledgement of the calibre of the Marcs mobile site, it has been shortlisted for the 2012 Mobile Awards in the online shopping and payments category.
Source: BlueArc Group press release