Crown Lager: Actually, rather than time, now hops and barley are the key ingredients
CUB’s premium brand Crown Lager has unveiled the first of its TV work by Clemenger BBDO Melbourne after the agency picked up the brand from Droga5 last year.
The ads, which begin to air tonight, seek to emphasise the quality of the ingredients. The campaign highlights the fact that only a tiny proportion of Australia’s hops and barley farmers are selected to supply the brewer.
The new campaign continues the emphasis on ingredients developed during Droga5′s campaign which labelled time as the fifth ingredient.
Two of the farmers who supply Crown Lager appear in the ads.
Two of the four ads feature a version of the INXS track Don’t Change performed by Pete Murray. The ads, directed by Keith Ehrlich, are shot in monochrome with spot colour.
The commercials follow the launch of a series of billboards and press ads across the country.
- Account Management Team Paul McMillan – Managing Partner
- John Meagher – Senior Account Director
- Brendan Taylor – Senior Account Manager
- Clients – CUB Peter McLoughlin – Marketing Director, CUB
- Richard Oppy – General Manager, Crown Lager
- Scott Tindall – Brand Manager, Crown Lager
- Rachel Veltman – Assistant Brand Manager, Crown Lager
- Agency Producer – TV Sevda Cemo/Lisa Moro
- Art Director Ben Couzens
- Copywriter Jim Ingram
- Creative Director Jim Ingram & Ben Couzens
- Director Keith Ehrlich
- DOP/Cinematographer Geoffrey Simpson
- Editor Michael J. Lutman
- Creative Chairman James McGrath
- Executive Creative Director Ant Keogh
- Flame Artist Eugene Richards
- Music Track & Artist Track: ‘Don’t Change’
- Music Supervisor: Karl Richter
- Photographer Chris Tovo
- Executive Producer Michael Ritchie
- Producer Ian Iveson
- Strategic Planner Mike Derepas & Matt Kingston
- Sound Designer/Engineer Paul Le Couteur
- Special/Visual Effects Eugene Richards
- Grade Artist: Edel Rafferty