DDB Sydney unveil campaign for Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI
The new commercial for Volkswagen’s updated Golf GTI sees a variety of singers tackling Frank Sinatra’s ‘I did it my way’, ending with the tagline ‘Often Copied. Never Equalled’ in a global campaign tailored by DDB Sydney for the local market.
The TV ad features various amateur singers covering Frank Sinatra’s ‘I did it my way’, sourced from YouTube and “aims to affirm the car’s positioning as the benchmark”.
General manager of marketing at Volkswagen Group Australia, Jutta Friese said in a statement: “The Golf GTI is a key product pillar in our range, gaining cult-car status and a local following to match.”
The campaign is running across YouTube, TV and digital. The extended campaign includes behind the scenes content, a make your own GTI TV ad social extension and outdoor.
The global campaign was created by Adam&Eve/DDB London with DDB Sydney tailoring it for the local market, filming the night shots around Sydney’s CBD.
Client: Volkswagen Group Australia
- Jutta Friese – General Manager, Marketing
- Peter Stewart – Brand Communications Manager
- Davina Hobbs – Advertising Manager
- Executive Creative Director: Dylan Harrison
- Creative Group Heads: Steve Hall/Dan Seager
- Art Director: Ryan Fitzgerald
- Copywriter: Jim Curtis
- Agency Producers: Brenden Johnson/Gabriella Singh
- Managing Partner: Nicole Taylor
- Account Director: Stuart Baillie
- Account Managers: Kim Friedlaender/Samantha Russo
- Planner: Russ Mitchinson
- Production Company: Brilliant!
- Executive Producer: Stephanie Ceccaldi
- Producer: Ashley McLeod
- D.O.P: Matt Stewart
- Editing Company: Frame, Set, Match
- Media agency: MediaCom