IGA has fun with summer in new ad without Ahn Do
IGA has kicked off its new summer campaign without ambassador Anh Do.
The ‘Summer Fun’ campaign, created by Creative Oasis, reinforces the supermarket’s local positioning and encourages Australians to shop at IGA and SUPA IGA throughout the summer period.
The commercial puts a twist on a fun summer activity – water slides – with a man sliding right into an IGA store to match the tagline “No matter how you have fun this summer, you’re never far away from an IGA or a Supa IGA”.
Michele Teague, general manager marketing at Metcash Food & Grocery said in a statement: “Many Australians spend a great deal of time out and about over the summer months. With our first big consumer promotion for 2014, we want to reward our shoppers and let them know that no matter where they may be this summer, there’s an IGA store just around the corner.”
The integrated campaign aims to drive customers in-store to win one of five $10,000 holidays as well as a share of $50,000 in IGA gift cards.
“The campaign is designed to encapsulate what ‘Summer Fun’ means for Australians, coupled with the convenience of shopping local at IGA,” Teague said.
While the campaign does not feature Anh Do who has appeared in IGA ads since April last year the ad is backed by Ben Lee’s ‘That’s the way I like it’ which has featured in the Do fronted campaigns.
The campaign will run until January 28.
- Client: Metcash Food & Grocery
- Metcash Food & Grocery GM Marketing: Michele Teague
- Metcash Food & Grocery acting National Consumer Marketing Manager: Jo Lloyd
- Metcash Food & Grocery National Brand Manager: Loane Avenell
- Agency: Creative Oasis
- Creative Director: Paul Knights
- Senior Art Director: Paul Tilley
- Group Account Director: Saxon Wyatt
- Agency Producer: Chris Ford
- Production Company: Rapid Films
- Director: Jonathan Nyquist
- Producer: Alex Tizzard