Sunrise and Today run close again
Sunrise and Today saw a second day of virtually neck and neck ratings in the battle for breakfast on Thursday.
Reversing Wednesday’s result, Seven’s Sunrise came out with its nose in front with a metro audience of 348,000 to Nine’s 346,000.
According to the preliminary overnight OzTam data, Sunrise won in Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. Today won emphatically in Melbourne.
Ten’s Breakfast was well back with 27,000.
In the key advertising demographics, Sunrise won 16-39 while Today won 25-54 and 18-49.
In primetime, The Block, rated 1.151m for Nine while The Celebrity Apprentice rated 810,000 for the challenge and 907,000 for the boardroom showdown.
Ten’s The Biggest Loser rated 673,000.
Seven ran a split schedule. Border Security rated 543,000 and The Force 501,000 across Sydney and Brisbane while Better Homes And Gardens rated 526,000 in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.
Seven News was the most watched program of the night, rating 1.261m
1. Seven News Seven 1.261m
2. The Block Nine 1.151m
3. Nine News Nine 1.126m
4. Today Tonight Seven 1.039m
5. A Current Affair Nine 1.021m
6. Home and Away Seven 0.928m
7. The Celebrity Apprentice – Boardroom Nine 0.907m
8. ABC News ABC 0.893m
9. The Celebrity Apprentice – Challenge Nine 0.810m
10. The Footy Show – AFL and NRL Nine 0.768m
11. Ten News Ten 0.690m
12. The Biggest Loser Ten 0.673m
13. 7:30 ABC 0.663m
14. The Project – 6:30 Ten 0.645m
15. Grey’s Anatomy Seven 0.617m
Thursday’s channel share:
ABC News 24: 0.9%