Wild Turkey tells Aussie blokes to ‘bird up’
Campari Australia has launched a new brand campaign for Wild Turkey bourbon that urges men to ‘Bird up’ and take on difficult challenges.
“This is the beginning of an enduring campaign that positions Wild Turkey Bourbon for solid growth in the years to come,” the brand’s group marketing manager Sally Byrne said.
Owen Trevor of Luscious International directed the ads.
Trevor commented: “From the outset, I loved the idea of saluting men who step up. When I saw the initial script, I wanted to start shooting immediately. Rarely do you get such a fantastic chance to unleash a full bag of tricks.”
As well as a 60-second ad, the campaign features two 30-second executions.
AJF Sydney’s creative director Adam Rose said: “Getting the opportunity to tinker with 1200bhp engines, climb Everest, play golf on the moon and be served bourbon by a turkey doesn’t happen as often as I’d like these days, but thankfully it did on this job. From our very first strategy session to working with legendary Top Gun actor James Tolkan, it’s been an absolute blast.”
The campaign includes digital, outdoor and point of sale activity.
- CLIENT: Campari Australia
- GROUP MARKETING MANAGER: Sally Byrne
- GLOBAL CATEGORY DIRECTOR: Melanie Hardman
- SENIOR BRAND MANAGER: Paolo Marinoni
- AGENCY: AJF Partnership Sydney
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Adam Rose
- SENIOR ART DIRECTOR: Jakub Szymanski
- SENIOR COPYWRITER: Alex Stainton
- MANAGING DIRECTOR: Digby Richards
- HEAD OF STRATEGY: Jody Elston
- AGENCY PRODUCER: Roz Ruwhiu
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER: Andrew Harvey
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Luscious International
- DIRECTOR: Owen Trevor
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Andrew Morris
- DOP: Peter Eastgate
- POST: D’luscious
- SOUND: Klang