McDonald’s has launched a new ‘Snapchatable’ frozen drink cup, giving customers the chance to face swap or turn their drink into an animated dog or deer.
The new cup can be recognised by Snapchat and is part of a wider campaign, ‘The Summer Playground’.
More geo-filters can be unlocked through Snapchat codes printed on the cups throughout the summer period.
The latest campaign, by VML, aims to give customers a creative way to share their best summer moments through a McDonald’s lens or geo-filter.
The most creative snaps will feature on McDonald’s daily Snapchat story.
Mark Wheeler, director of digital at McDonald’s Australia, said the initiative allowed customers to express themselves.
“We’ve decided to have some fun with our new cups, which lets Snapchat users visiting McDonald’s access a custom filter or play with an animated lens right on our cups,” Wheeler said.
- Managing Director & ECD– Aden Hepburn
- Creative Group Head – Frank Martelli
- Associate Creative Director – Matt Geersen
- Art Director – Louise McQuat
- Designer/Illustrator – John Reyes
- Senior Copywriter – Sean Vrabel
- Producers – Rebeckah Bakouris , Edward Krause, Matt Barber
- Senior Account Director – Simon Kawaguchi
- Senior Account Manager – Ellyn Dupuis
- Strategy Director – David Di Veroli
- Senior Strategist – Louise Peacock
- Social Media Manager – Christian Love
- Mark Wheeler
- Jo Feeney
- Tim Kenward
- Sarah Harrington-Birch
- Amanda Belz
- Zoe Condon