One of the major factors that makes Mumbrella360 Australia’s biggest and best media and marketing conference is the involvement of the whole industry.
Across the conference, many of the best speakers and most intriguing sessions come directly from ideas put forward by the industry.
Got a great idea for a session? If it’s accepted, we’ll give you the room for 45 minutes to deliver it according to your own vision. This year, Mumbrella360 had an audited attendance of 2,444 industry members – your session could be in front of those people.
We’ll also provide you with 40 session passes to invite clients and colleagues to see it for themselves. Speakers will get a pass to the full conference as well.
These are the types of sessions that stand a great chance:
- Sessions where new research can be presented for the first time;
- Speakers – particularly international speakers – who are not regular fixtures of the local speaking circuit. If you’re part of an international organisation and may be able to persuade an interesting overseas colleague to join us, then we’re always keen to talk to you;
- Sessions where you can tap into your own network to find speakers that Mumbrella might not otherwise be able to reach;
- Sessions exploring or discussing interesting media and marketing topics in a new way;
- Unusual or risky session ideas that go beyond the standard panel format and keep things fresh for the audience while still having a clear objective. We genuinely like new and different and will workshop ideas with you to make them practical and unique;
- Great marketing case studies, particularly if the client will co-present;
- Masterclasses teaching delegates about new and interesting ways of working and thinking.
What we don’t generally accept includes:
- Sessions that sound like they might be a sales pitch;
- Ideas that propose more than two people from the same organisation are rarely selected;
- Panels where all the speakers are of the same gender;
- Sessions or speakers who will have recently appeared at other industry events particularly if they have presented a similar topic to what is being proposed;
- Sessions where you are not confident you can deliver the promised speaker lineup.
Please check availability of speakers for June 5 & 6, 2019, and ensure the dates are in their schedule prior to proposing them. If significant speakers fall through at the last minute, we will likely cancel the session and replace it with something else.
Please bear in mind that the most common background of attendees at Mumbrella360 are those in marketing roles, followed by agencies including media, PR and creative.
Remember: The single biggest factor in deciding whether your session proposal is accepted is its title. The title will be what sells the session to us; and more importantly, the title will be the single biggest factor in helping delegates decide whether to choose your session over another one at the event. So please demonstrate your marketing skills in devising that session title.
Please provide a four or five paragraph session description, explaining the expertise of the speakers and exactly what a delegate will learn by attending. Remember, this will later be published on the conference website and in the program.
Given that we receive up to 10 times as many proposals as there is room on the program, taking your time to get the session title and description right – and of course securing great speakers – will improve your chances of selection.
Submissions close January 30th, 2019.