One of the major factors that makes Mumbrella360 Australia’s best media and marketing conference is the involvement of the whole industry.
Across the conference, many of the best speakers and most intriguing sessions come directly from ideas put forward by the industry.
Got a great idea for a session? If it’s accepted, we’ll give you the room for 45 minutes, to deliver it according to your own vision.
And new for 2017, we’ll also provide you with 40 passes to invite clients and colleagues to see it for themselves. Speakers get a pass to the full conference.
The types of sessions we give priority to:
- Sessions where new research can be presented for the first time.
- Speakers – including those from overseas – who are not regular fixtures of the local speaking circuit. If you’re part of an international organisation and may be able to persuade an interesting overseas colleague to join us, then we’re always keen to talk to you;
- Sessions where you can tap into your own network to find speakers that Mumbrella might not otherwise be able to reach;
- Sessions exploring or discussing interesting media and marketing topics in a new way;
- Unusual or risky session ideas that go beyond the standard panel format;
- Great marketing case studies, particularly if the client will co-present;
What not to put forward:
- Sessions that sound like they might be a sales pitch. Ideas that propose more than one or two people from the same organisation are rarely selected;
- Panels where all the speakers are of the same gender;
- Sessions or speakers who will have recently appeared at other events;
- Sessions where you are not confident you can deliver the promised speaker lineup. Please check availability of speakers for June 7 & 8 and ensure the dates are in their schedule prior to proposing them.
Please bear in mind that the most common background of attendees at Mumbrella360 are those in marketing roles, followed by agencies including media, PR and creative.
Remember: The single biggest factor in deciding whether your session proposal is accepted is its title. The title will be what sells the session to us; and more importantly, the title will be the single biggest factor in helping delegates decide whether to choose your session over another one at the event. So please demonstrate your marketing skills in devising that session title.
Please provide a four or five paragraph session description, including explaining the expertise of the speakers and exactly what a delegate will learn by attending. Remember, this would later be published on the conference website and in the program.
Given that we receive up to ten times as many proposals as there is room on the program, taking your time to get the session title and description right – and of course securing great speakers – will improve your chances of selection.
If you’d like to put forward either a session idea or speaker proposal for Mumbrella360, please fill out the submission form below. We also curate our own sessions, so if you’d simply like to put forward a speaker for consideration, please also use the form below for that too.