24 hours with 2Day FM host Ash London

In this 24 hours with, Ash London interviews music star Ne-Yo, has an all-important fashion moment and makes a well-deserved Maccas hash brown pit stop.


Yes, I know what you’re thinking.  What kind of self respecting media professional doesn’t wake up until 9am? That would be one who hosts a night time radio show. Me! I slowly make my way out of bed and straight to the stove to put a coffee on.


Every morning I do a fifteen minute meditation to clear my head from the day before and make sure I’m ready for another glorious day on planet Earth.


Email time. Coffee on the stove, then I sort through all the new music that has been sent to me today, and take note of anything I like. A quick scan of all the music websites means that I head into work knowing what we need to reflect.


I arrive at work to do a show record ‘down the line’ with my best mate Angus O’Loughlin who does brekky radio in Adelaide. Every weekend our VEVO 20 radio show broadcasts around the country and we have some pickups to do. As usual, we waste the first 20 minutes trying to make each other laugh with stories from the week.  


Physio time – 70 hours in the air this month means my neck is permanently sore!


I get back to work and discover that my outfit for the MTV European Music Awards has arrived! Half the office gathers around my desk as I unveil it in all its gloriousness. A fashion show is demanded and I willingly oblige. I may freeze in it, as London is cold in November but we all agree that it’s worth the hypothermia.


Interview time. Today I have two artists (sometimes we do up to five a day which can be exhausting) interviews are my favourite part of my job. First up, it’s Ne-Yo who is performing as part of the RnB Fridays Live Tour which I’m hosting this week. I pop downstairs to grab him some vegan treats as promised in our recent conversation.


Ne-Yo was a legend – now it’s time to plan tonight’s show. My team gather around a large whiteboard and as usual we don’t get much done because we’re too busy taking the piss out of each other and funny telling stories. Eventually the show is planned, every on air break accounted for, and roles assigned. We also do a quick brainstorm around some sales briefs that have come through. 


I realise I’m yet to eat lunch and order a poke bowl via Uber Eats. I stare at my phone for the next 28 minutes until it arrives.


By now I’m deep in show prep, grabbing bits of audio, choosing which new music I want to feature, and listening over the edits of tonight’s interview. I steal a bottle of sparkling water from my boss’s fridge. Sorry Dobbo. 


Every night at this time I FaceTime my boyfriend who lives in Melbourne. He works in radio too which I love. We are both extremely passionate about what we do and it’s good to have someone who understands my work. He’s a great last minute sounding board for any show ideas I have before I go on air. 


I head in studio ready to go live at 8pm! My team  are outside ready to take calls and run socials. They’re the best humans alive. 


I have a phone interview with Little Mix, so we pre-record the rest of the show and I head into our second studio to take the call. I chat to Jade who tells me she is in her hotel bed in Manchester wearing just a towel. Salacious! We have a wonderful 10 minute chat that I know our listeners will love. After the chat is wrapped, it’s home time! 


I grab a hash brown on the way home from Maccas. They are my number one weakness. Don’t judge me. 


Straight into the shower, then straight into bed. My brain is still pretty full from a live three hour show, so I put on a sleep mediation which helps me to calm my brain down and get to sleep. I quickly nod off, once again grateful that I really do get to live the very best life.


Get the latest media and marketing industry news (and views) direct to your inbox.

Sign up to the free Mumbrella newsletter now.



Sign up to our free daily update to get the latest in media and marketing.