Hoyts Cinemas join Palace Cinemas in screening productions from the famous Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. The screen season includes All’s Well That Ends Well, Much Ado About Nothing and Christopher Marlowe’s Doctor Faustus. The announcement:
Hoyts Cinemas are excited to announce they will join Palace Cinemas in screening for the first time in Australia, a season of films from the world renowned Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. This extension of cinema screens will enable more Australian’s to experience the magic of these critically acclaimed productions, in glorious High Definition.
The Globe on Screen Season 2012 will launch nationally on September 26 with All’s Well That Ends Well, followed by Much Ado About Nothing on October 10, and Christopher Marlowe’s Doctor Faustus on October 24.
Originally staged at Shakespeare’s Globe in 2011, the three productions will be shown in their entirety, offering a truly distinctive cinema experience as audiences are immersed in the unique charm of the world famous Globe Theatre, without having to travel to London.
The Globe on Screen season will screen nationally as follows:
- NSW: Hoyts Entertainment Quarter, Palace Verona, Palace Norton Street, Mt Vic Flicks, Cinemax Cinema Kingscliff
- VIC: Hoyts Chadstone, Palace Balwyn, Palace Como, Palace Brighton Bay
- QLD: Hoyts Stafford, Palace Barracks
- SA: Hoyts Tea Tree Plaza, Palace Nova Eastend
- WA: Hoyts Carousel Cannington, Cinema Paradiso
- ACT: Hoyts Belconnen
For more information visit the onscreen.shakespearesglobe.com
Source: Hoyts press release