McDonald’s has launched a promotion aimed at enticing customers to upload videos describing the ingredients of a Big Mac.
Winners of the competition – to come up with the most original chant of the phrase “Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun” – win a holiday for seven people.
Consumers are being asked to vote on the best videos in exchange for Big Mac vouchers.
The campaign – supported through point of sale material in McDonald’s stores – has been created by DDB NZ with production done in Australia. The campaign is the second major McDonald’s promotion used in Australia which originated from roster agency DDB’s NZ team, which was also behind this year’s push involving people whose name was Chicken.
The promotion is also the second time in recent weeks that McDonald’s has used a TV ad featuring the illusion of somebody being upside down. The same technique was used in its promotion – repurposed from the US – for free Coca-Cola glasses.
It is a rehash of the campaign first started in the 1990s where consumers were asked to say the phrase in return for a Big Mac. It has since been brought back periodically for short run campaigns.
- Client: McDonald’s
- Marketing Director NZ: Miriam Rae
- Marketing Manager: Alice Telford
- Brand Manager: Luke Pavan
- Executive Creative Director – Andy Fackrell
- Creative Director – Jordan Sky
- Art Director – Julia Ferrier
- Art Director – Tim Yates
- Copy writer – Ashwin Gopal
- Executive Producer – Judy Thompson
- Agency Producer – Samantha Meehan
- Group Account Director – Cath Bosson
- Account Director – Carly Pratt
- Account Executive – Rebecca Kearsley
Production Company – Jungleboys
- Director – Van Vuuren Bros
- Executive Producer – Alex Hay
- Producer – Catherine Warner
Post production – Cutting Edge
Sound Design – Song Zu
Music – Peter Van der Fluit – Liquid Studios