In the latest of a series we present highlights from the 2015 Mumbrella360 conference.
In this presentation, Marketing Through Media and Technology Disruption, Dave Osborn, VP Asia Pacific, AppNexus, leads a discussion panel on how technology is fuelling changes in media and what businesses can do to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to developing technologies, planning strategy and hiring staff, along with trends and habits to embrace or to avoid.
- Cameron King, head of digital sales strategy, News Corp
- Andrew Reid, head of digital and data investment, Dentsu Aegis Network
- Ben Gunn, business development and commercial director, Red Planet
The future of Search and Social and programmatic and the future of data-driven marketing.
Mumbrella360: Marketing Through Media and Technology Disruption
Timeline of session:
- 0:00 Introduction by Dave Osborn
- 2:00 Staying ahead takes guts; you’ve got to make some smart betts
- 3:20 Customers want “easy”, but is this the right response?
- 4:50 The 2000’s are the years of Search and Social
- 6:10 Social what it is and where it’s going
- 7:25 The convergence of paid, earned and owned content
- 11:30 Driving a wedge between the marketer and the client
- 13:50 3 important principles that are tough to enact
- 14:30 Dave introduces the panel guests:
Ben Gunn, business development and commercial director, Red Planet
Andrew Reid, head of digital and data investment, Dentsu Aegis Network
Cameron King, head of digital sales strategy, News Corp
- 17:40 building a new business model – from a broadcast mentality to direct response.
- 20:06 Choking on options: when recruiting staff takes the focus from business
- 22:25 Data is king but gain comes at the expense of other factors
- 24:14 How can media agencies adapt and thrive?
- 33:35 Partnerships and how to survive in the new landscape
- 35:50 ‘The pursuit of fast, not perfect’
- 36:46 Should we be concerned with global media companies running technology companies side-by-side?
- 39:50 Being responsive and not reactive: are companies taking enough time to develop strategy?
- 42:00 IPs and the struggle with programmatic
- 43:20 What is News Corp, Dentsu Aegis and Red Planet doing to close the talent gap?
Visit the Mumbrella360 website via this link.
Video edited by 90 Seconds cloud video production
Mumbrella360 takes place between June 7-9. Early-bird tickets are now on sale until April 15, offering savings of up to $700. See sessions announced so far and book your place here.