In the latest of a series we present highlights from the 2015 Mumbrella360 conference.
In this presentation, Ashton Bishop, head of strategy, Step Change Marketing, discusses what predatory marketing, why it works, and why it is the way forward.
Timeline of session:
- 0:00 Introduction: Ashton Bishop – the most powerful lesson I have ever learned
- 1:30 What Dave Trott, winner of D&AD President’s Award, taught me
- 2:50 audience warm-up exercise
- 4:00 Don’t miss the point because it’s so obvious (examples)
- 6:36 List 10 brands in 10 seconds
- 8:00 $13.3 billion is spent every year on marketing & comms in Australia
- 8:28 Cory Doctorow, author of Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, and the greater risk
- 9:28 Play it safe, stupid (examples)
- 11:45 Inch wide, mile deep and why it’s important
- 13:00 We’re competing in the minds of our customers
- 14:45 How we’re taught to think about marketing
- 16:00 What happens to the need when it’s satisfied?
- 18:00 The five-ninths law (examples)
- 19:30 The job is not to satisfy our customers’ needs
- 20:50 Who’s got our money and what are we going to do to get it back?
- 21:45 How to get a copy of the slides
- 22:30 Strike at the weakness that lies in our competitor’s greatest strength
- 24:24 Case study: Burger King
- 30:50 Case study: Skins
- 34:00 Case study: 3wks
- 37:00 Case study: Weetbix
- 39:08 Case study: Step Change Marketing recruitment drive
- 42:30 Close: Predatory marketing works only for you and your brand
Visit the Mumbrella360 website via this link.
Video edited by 90 Seconds cloud video production
Mumbrella360 takes place between June 7-9. Early-bird tickets are now on sale until April 15, offering savings of up to $700.
See sessions announced so far and book your place here.