In the next in our series of the best of the Mumbrella360 conference, we feature Nick Baker, the executive general manager of marketing at Tourism Australia.
“Sometimes I think there are 23m people out there who think they can do my job better than me,” said Baker at the beginning of his talk, which came soon after the launch of TA’s new There’s Nothing Like Australia ad.
In the video highlights, Nick Baker on:
- Marketing to 22 markets in 17 languages around the world
- Taking Australia tourism from a $70bn to $140bn industry by 2020
- Why China?
- The power of music in the new ad
- Why the tablet was a crucial part of the campaign
- Turning 6,000 photographs from tourists each week into research intelligence
- Making Tourism Australia’s 3m Facebook fans “the hero”
- The power of “Facebook jealousy”
You can hear the full interview and audience Q&A on the Mumbrellacast below.
You can also subscribe to The Mumbrellacast on iTunes and other podcatchers.
Direct link to Mumbrella’s iTunes store listing for the podcast