Pat Rafter is back in undies
Bonds has launched new campaign featuring an awkward Pat Rafter stripped down to his undies.
The 60-second ad sees the former tennis champion under pressure from his agent to strip to his underwear one last time for the clothing brand.
“Nobody wants to see a 40-year old dad in their undies on TV”, says Rafter in the ad, which breaks today.
The agency behind the campaign was Banjo.
A press release from the agency reads: “Bonds and Banjo wrote a category-breaking spot that will engage the blokes of Australia through its honesty, humour and pure cheekiness. A script that finally convinced Pat to break his contract and do a last hoorah in his underwear.”
- Client: Bonds Agency: Banjo
- Executive Creative Director: Georgia Arnott
- Group Creative Head: Dean Hamilton
- Senior Art Director: Seamus Higgins
- Agency Producer: Meredyth Judd
- Account Director: Lucy Smith
- Account Executive: Ashleigh Beddoes
- Senior Planner: Peta Morton
- Production Company: Finch
- Director: Nick Ball
- Executive Producer: Karen Bryson
- Post-Production: Method Studios
- Pacific Brands
- Underwear Group, GM of Marketing: Tanya Deans
- BONDS Marketing Manager: Zoe Hayes
- BONDS Brand Manager: Michelle Edgar