The Shire: fell out of the top 50 TV shows
On another miserable night of TV viewing for Ten, Can of Worms was its top non-news show, rating with just 582,000 – and ranking 19th.
Much hyped dramality show The Shire, now in a later 9.45pm time slot, fell out of the top 50 altogether. It rated with 204,000 on the night.
Ten’s most watched show last night was Ten News at Five, which pulled in 742,000.
Seven’s song contest X-Factor won the Monday night ratings battle with 1.385m – down from last week’s debut of 1.6m.
But it was the live nominations of reality format Big Brother’s that won the key advertising demographics of 18-49, and 16-39 for Nine, according to preliminary ratings from OzTam.
The show’s earlier part pulled in 1.096m. Underbelly: Badness, which followed Big Brother on Nine at 8.30pm, rated with 1.037m.
Monday’s top 15 shows:
1. The X Factor Seven 1.385m
2. Seven News Seven 1.253m
3. Nine News Nine 1.193m
4. Today Tonight Seven 1.186m
5. Big Brother – Live Nominations Nine 1.102m
6. ABC News ABC 1.099m
7. Home and Away Seven 1.097m
8. Big Brother – 7:00pm Nine 1.096m
9. A Current Affair Nine 1.063m
10. Underbelly: Badness Nine 1.037m
11. Four Corners ABC 0.836m
12. Australian Story ABC 0.825m
13. 7:30 ABC 0.791m
14. GCB – Episode 1 Seven 0.766m
15. Ten News Ten 0.742m
Monday’s channel share:
ABC News 24: 0.9%