Video ad tech company Unruly has crunched the numbers to come up with the 10 most shared campaigns from Australia and New Zealand based on shares as opposed to views.
1.Dumb Ways to Die, McCann Melbourne for Metro Trains:
Dumb Ways to Die was unsurprisingly the most shared online Australian ad of all time, with a total of 4.915m shares.
2. Animals Australia’s People are Awesome:
This video celebrating people saving ducks from drains and helping them cross busy roads came in at second place with 3.77m shares.
3. GetUp’s 2011 Marriage Equality campaign It’s Time
In at third place is GetUp’s 2011 campaign for same sex marriage, which to date has been shared 1.36m times.
To date the pro-marriage equality video has been shared 1.36m times.
4. Air New Zealand’s An Unexpected Briefing
In at fourth place was Air New Zealand’s 2012 Hobbit inspired safety video which garnered 986,164 shares.
5. New Zealand Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals’ Meet Porter. The World’s First Driving Dog.
In fifth place, between two Air New Zealand safety campaign videos, came New Zealand Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals with its world’s first driving dog campaign. It grabbed 899,753 shares.
6. Air New Zealand’s The Most Epic Safety Video Ever Made
Air New Zealand’s second Hobbit themed safety video, this one launched in 2014, has to date been shared 510,958 times.
7. New Zealand Transport Agency’s Mistakes
In at seventh place was another New Zealand campaign, with the New Zealand Transport Agency’s Mistakes been shared 356,411 times.
8. STA Travel Australia’s Move
STA Travel Australia claimed eighth place with its Move campaign. It was shared 232,048 times.
9. Durex Fundawear, Havas Worldwide Sydney for Durex:
Durex’s Fundawear stunt stole ninth place with 198,656 shares.
10. Get Up Sydney’s Thanks Rupert Murdoch, But Australians Can Choose Their Own Government Campaign
And Get Up Sydney rounded out the top ten with its Thanks Rupert Murdoch, But Australians Can Choose Their Own Government campaign. It has been shared 193,232 times.