News

ARN insists there are currently ‘no plans’ to take Kyle & Jackie O national as shock jock takes aim at rivals

Kyle Sandilands believes The Kyle & Jackie Show could be broadcast nationally next year, but ARN has refused to be drawn into the shock jock’s speculation.

In an interview with news.com.au, Sandilands hinted at bigger plans for his and Jackie ‘O’ Henderson’s #1 breakfast show, which launched in Melbourne for the first time last month.

On potentially going national next year, he said: “That’s still open for discussion, because people have those jobs.

“I really think if we do real well in Melbourne, let’s say it’s half as successful as Sydney, then they’re just gonna have to roll it all out (nationally).”

When contacted by Mumbrella, an ARN spokesperson said: “There are no plans to network Kyle and Jackie O into other markets beyond what we already do with Hour of Power.”

Meanwhile in the same interview, Sandilands said he and Henderson could replace the other local ARN breakfast shows “if there’s a market in trouble”, suggesting that is the reason why they replaced former-KIIS-now-NOVA names, Jase and Lauren.

“That’s (why) we went for Melbourne, because we were like, we’ve given this (Jase and Lauren on KIIS FM) a good run, it can’t get over fourth (in the radio ratings), so we’ll take it.”

Just last week, Sandilands turned the heat up on their competitors, alleging numerous instances in which The Fox’s Fifi, Fev and Nick copied the marketing tactics and on-air content of their own show.

Also on ARN, the network on Monday said it is “still considering options in relation to alternative proposals to acquire SCA” after the radio rival rejected the latest takeover bid proposal last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Get the latest media and marketing industry news (and views) direct to your inbox.

Sign up to the free Mumbrella newsletter now.

 

SUBSCRIBE

Sign up to our free daily update to get the latest in media and marketing.