A strong June saw the radio industry finish the financial year ahead of the previous one, data compiled for industry body Commercial Radio Australia indicates.
According to the numbers put together by Deloitte, the metro radio stations saw advertising revenue of just under $700m, up two per cent on the previous year. The numbers cover both direct and agency revenue.
Perth saw the best growth for the year, while Sydney finished as the biggest market, just ahead of Melbourne. Adelaide was the only metro market which shrank during the financial year.
2013/14 financial year:
- Five city total: $697.127m + 1.99%
- Perth: $98.858m +4.39%
- Sydney: $214.774m + 2.29%
- Melbourne: $211.089m +1.73%
- Brisbane: $108.614m +1.33%
- Adelaide: $63.792m -0.56%
Last month saw strong growth in all markets, with Brisbane faring best.
June 2014 revenues compared to June 2013:
- Five city total: $66.479m +7.32%
- Brisbane: $10.481m + 11.72%
- Perth: $8.861m + 11.4%
- Sydney: $21.081m +8.15%
- Adelaide: $6.149m + 5.87%
- Melbourne: $19.906m + 3.09%
Regional radio financial year revenue figures will be released in August.