Creative agency DDB has created a new animated campaign for Aspen S26 Gold Junior, a powder milk drink for toddlers.
The campaign – produced by animation studio FSM – includes online and TV and features a 30 second ad which sees a child’s drawing mounted on a fridge come to life.
The drawing is of Abi, a toddler, which then jumps energetically around the magnets and other pictures stuck on the fridge. The narration talks about the speed at which children grow and the importance of getting the right nutrients while they’re developing.
All props were designed and handcrafted by FSM designer Melissa Mai. Sculpted from Fimo clay, baked in FSM’s kitchen oven and painted by hand, the props were used in the live action component before a 3D team created matching CG models.
The campaign is similar to a piece of work created by SapientNitro for Cenovis, which was released in late April. In the Cenovis campaign, drawings of preschool-aged children, which are mounted on a family fridge, come to life while a female voice narrates. The two products are not linked.
- Creative Director: Stuart Vidler
- Creative Team: James Sexton and Harry Neville-Towle
- Producer: Harriet Burton Taylor
- Head of Onscreen production: Brenden Johnson
- FSM Directors: Emile Rademeyer, Andreas Wanda
- Character design, illustration, storyboarding: Phil Meatchem
- Designers: Melissa Mai, Robert Dinnerville
- 2D Animation: Tui Studios: Kelly Baigent, Darren Randall, Jane Reynolds
- 2D Technical Director: Russ Maehl
- 3D Animation: Alex Goodwin
- 3D Modeling, Texturing and Onset Supervision: Stuart Mallia
- 3D Modeling: Andy Sutton, Adam Waddington
- 3D Lighting: Stephane Vogel
- Executive Producer: Dave Kelly
- Live Action Producer: Serena Rettenmaier
- DOP: Tony Luu