J. Walter Thompson is encouraging Christmas shoppers to think about giving their loved ones the “greatest gift of all” this Christmas, by rescuing a pet.
The latest campaign for the agency’s pro bono client Sydney Dogs and Cats Home, builds on its #almosthomeless campaign which helped create 10,000 signatures to lobby the NSW government to find a home for the shelter.
The images show humans wrapped in Christmas present paper with pets looking up to them. The tagline reads ‘All they want for Christmas is You.’ Claire Garth, general manager of Sydney Dogs & Cats Home said the new work aims to tap into the pre-Christmas mindset.
“At Christmas time, when people are all wrapped up in the spirit of giving, we wanted to remind them that giving a rescue pet a home is the greatest gift of all, and for those unable to adopt, donating to our cause helps us to continue giving second chances to every animal in need,” Garth said.
- Creative agency: J. Walter Thompson
- Executive Creative Director: Simon Langley
- Creative Director/Art Director: John Lam
- Creative Group Head/Writer: Laurie Geddes
- Agency Producer: Anastasia Nielsen
- Group Account Director: Bruce Pywell
- Account Manager: Amanda Porritt
- Planner: Heather Morrisson
- Photographer: Jonathan May
- Retoucher: Ian Connor