In the lead-up to Mumbrella360 on June 7-9, we revisit highlights from last year’s event.
Digital Dopamine – The Generational Chasm in Digital Habits
Presentation: Christian Behrendt, executive creative director, Razorfish Australia; James Earp, UX and customer experience director, Razorfish, Australia.
In this presentation, Christian Behrendt (Gen X) and James Earp (Gen Y) discuss The Generational Chasm in Digital Habits, discuss case studies on GoCatch and Burberry and the German city of Heidelberg, about how to use tech to involve, engage and enthuse millennials.
- 0:00 Introduction by presenters
- 1:00 How different generations respond to digital
- 3:00 Millennials are impatient, altruistic, open to change
- 4:00 Gen X – from vinyl to landline phones; adapting millennial traits
- 6:05 Payment technology – evolution, adaptation, prices
- 6:52 Invasion of privacy – generational trust
- 9:00 Why should you care about generational traits?
- 9:50 2017: when millennials become the primary generation with spending power in Australia
- 10:23 What is a digital experience economy?
- 11:20 Adapting to meet evolving technology: from P2P to streaming
- 16:45 Nomophobia: it’s real and it’s changed us [Mercedes-Benz and Burberry]
- 24:00 GoCatch. Not Uber but with an equal offering
- 27:00 How can we set up ourselves for success as brands?
- 29:00 Heidelberg: connecting a city to a younger market [#GetTheMayor: case study]
- 41:10 Key takeaways
Mumbrella360 takes place between June 7-9. Early-bird tickets are on sale until April 15, offering savings of up to $700.