Melbourne agency CumminsRoss has created a campaign for Reflex Pure White 50% Recycled printer paper starring The Printer Guru.
The campaign includes a pair of ads, running at 30 and 60 seconds, which shows the Guru arriving in the office of an exasperated white-collar worker.
The pair then engage in some awkward, stilted banter which includes the term “enwhitenment.”
The Paper Guru is played by Justin Smith, who has appeared in ABC crime drama The Straits as “Puffs” and Howzat! Kerry Packer’s War as David Hill.
The 30-second version of the ad will be broadcast on TV while the 60-second version will be available online.
This is the first campaign that newly-appointed creative agency CumminsRoss has created with Australian Office, and the first TV-led campaign where Reflex promoted one of their recycled office paper products since 2005.
Sean Cummins, CEO of CumminsRoss said: “Reflex was the first copy paper advertised globally back in 1984. This was an enormous challenge for the iconic advertiser and brand. There is a complex message; however, blessed with a simple yet engaging script, amazing talent and an acclaimed director, we’ve been able to deliver a great result for the brand and the product.”
- Client: Australian Office, Reflex
- General Manager Marketing: Martin Rodger
- Marketing Manager: Leanne Bilinski
- Agency credits:
- Creative Agency: CumminsRoss
- CEO: Sean Cummins
- Executive Creative Director: Jason Ross
- Art Director: Aaron Lipson
- Copywriter: Chris Ellis
- Creative: Jake McLennan
- Group Account Director: Magda Triantafyllidis
- Account Manager: Andrew Stone
- Senior Agency Producer: Susannah George
- Production credits:
- Production Company: Plaza Films
- Director: Paul Middleditch
- Executive Producer: Peter Masterton
- Animator: Marieka Walsh (Plaza Films)
- Cinematographer: Daniel Ardilley ACS
- Art Director: Sal Boucher
- Sound: Paul Le Couteur @ Flagstaff Studios
- Post Production: The Editors
- Editor: Dave Whittaker
- Colourist: Ben Eagleton
- Flame Artist: Adam Archer