Last night’s TV ratings unfolded with what has become an increasingly familiar pattern on Tuesdays this year.
Seven’s My Kitchen Rules dominated with 1.846m while Packed To The Rafters rated 1.471m for the network. Seven News was the next biggest show of the night with an average 1.229 viewers, according to preliminary overnight metro ratings from OzTam.
Nine’s only program above 1m was Nine News. Next for Nine came The Big Bang Theory with 807,000.
Nine ran a split schedule, rebroadcasting Every Heart Beats True: The Jim Stynes Story in Melbourne Adelaide and Perth, where it rated 216,000 in total.
Ten’s only show in the all people top ten was NCIS, rating 884,000. In the network’s key target of 18-49 The Biggest Loser was fifth while NCIS was sixth.
In Nine’s preferred battleground of 25-54, it’s best performer was Nine News, sixth for the night and Big bang Theory, eighth for the night.
Ten claimed more channel share than Nine, though by less than a single percentage point.
Tuesday’s top shows
1. My Kitchen Rules – Seven 1.846m
2. Packed to the Rafters – Seven 1.471m
3. Seven News – Seven 1.229m
4. Today Tonight – Seven 1.037m
5. Nine News – Nine 1.013m
6. ABC News – ABC 0.989m
7. Home and Away – Seven 0.961m
8. A Current Affair – Nine 0.888m
9. NCIS – Episode 1 – Ten 0.884m
10. The Big Bang Theory – 7:00pm – Nine 0.807m
11. The Biggest Loser – Ten 0.769m
12. The Big Bang Theory – Nine 0.723m
13. 2 Broke Girls – Nine 0.665m
14. Ten News – 5:00pm – Ten 0.662m
15. Parenthood – Seven 0.660m
Tuesday’s channel share
- Seven: 29.2%
- Ten: 16.6%
- Nine: 15.9%
- ABC1: 11.7%
- SBS1: 4.4%
- 7TWO: 3.2%
- Eleven: 3.1%
- ABC2: 2.8%
- 7mate: 2.8%
- Gem: 2.7%
- One: 2.7%
- GO!: 2.5%
- SBS2: 0.9%
- ABC News 24: 0.8%
- ABC3: 0.7%