Meat & Livestock Australia’s front man Sam Kekovich suffers a head injury which causes him to hallucinate about rugby players in tutus, getting his fingernails painted and dancing Gangnam Style in this year’s Australia Day campaign.
Kekovich tells viewers that he is suffering from “Lambnesia” which causes symptoms of unAustralianess.
The scene was set for the campaign with Ten uploading a video to its YouTube channel last week which appeared to show Kekovich being injured by a misdirected cricket ball during a live cross with weatherman Tim Bailey.
The reveal was due to take place on Seven’s Today Tonight yesterday evening, but the network extended its news bulletin to cover the bush fires emergency, with Kekovich appearing on Sunrise this morning.
The ad retains Kekovich’s signature rant to camera. The campaign, from creative agency BMF, aims to drive consumers to a website where they are invited to take part in the “National Lambnesia Test“.
View the ad:
Participants in the test are shown a series of images against the clock and challenged to identify whether they are Australian or UnAustralian.
- Client: MLA
- Creative: BMF
- Media: UM
- PR: Hausmann
- Managing Partner Stephen McArdle
- Executive Creative Directors Carlos Alija & Laura Sampedro
- Creative Team Carlo Mazzarella & Jonty Bell
- Planning Christina Aventi
- Director Taika Waititi
- Production Company Curious Film
- Post Production Frame Set & Match – Ben Eagleton
- Agency Producer Sue Hind
- Editor Chris Leaver (Online) & Luke Haigh (Offline)
- Photographer Mat Baker
- Producer Matt Noonan & Peter Holani
- Print Producer Karen Liddle
- Art Buyer Basir Salleh
- Music & Sound Production Sonar Music – Mikey Lira
- Designers Matthew Hughes & Indah Shillingford
- Digital Creative Team Carlo Mazzarella & Jonty Bell
- Tim Smith & Simon Koay
- Interaction Lead Nev Fordyce
- Digital Project Manager Rachel OʼToole
- Technical Director Doug Rathbone
- DoP Daniel Ardilley
- Illustrator Mike Watt
- Client Director Bec Morton
- Account Director Kelly Howard
- Account Manager Samantha Heckendorf
- Account Executive Sarah Hood & Rose Flowers