Seven film projects have been selected to be put in the shop window at this year’s Screen Producers Association of Australia conference.
SPAAmart, which runs alongside the SPAA conference features projects which are in an advanced state of production.
The criteria for being featured is that they are “well developed, distinctive, fresh and with the potential to be highly attractive to their intended audiences.”
The conference takes place in Sydney from November 13 to 16.
The seven selected projects are:
- THE ROOM Producer Matt Carroll; Directors Ian Watson and Andrew Hellen
- MY MISTRESS Producer Leanne Tonkes; Director Stephen Lance
- UNO Producer Stuart Scowcroft; Director Giotto Barbieri
- WAKE UP DEAD Producers Joel Cohn and Josh Butt; Director Joel Cohen
- RED CAR Producer Tony Leach; Director Paul Elliott
- BOYS CLUB Producers Karin Altmann and Sue Maslin; Director Marcus Cole
- ALEX AND EVE Producer Murray Fahey; Director Peter Andrikidis
SPAAmart director Julie Marlow said: “We have seven projects here that represent the quality and diversity of Australian projects in development. All are extremely distinctive and cinematic, and genres represented include science fiction, broad comedy, noir thriller, techno horror and relationships drama.”