Volkswagen has launched a campaign to push its newly redesigned Polo model based on the positioning line that the car is “for dedicated followers of no one”.
Created by DDB Sydney and directed by The Glue Society’s Gary Freedman, it is targeting young drivers, positioning them as “independent thinkers”.
Anke Koeckler, Volkswagen Group Australia MD, said: “The new Volkswagen Polo is the major market launch of Volkswagen in Australia for 2010. It has been recently awarded World Car Of The Year 2010 and is a very important part of our volume strategy.”
The campaign launches with a cinema and TVC ad and is being supported by print, DM, outdoor and extensive digital activity including a new microsite, online banners and social media.
- National ECD: Matt Eastwood
- Creative Director: Mark Harricks
- Creative Team: Paul Sharp & Mike Burdick
- Business Management: Scott Thomson & Patrice Bougouin
- Strategy: Nick Andrews
- Director: Gary Freedman
- Photography: Andreas Smetana
- Production House: Revolver Film
- Media Agency: Mediacom