Mars Petcare has launched Whiskas Catstacam, a device that allows cats to take photos from their point of view and post them to their own Instagram account, allowing cat lovers to watch what their pets might be getting up to while they’re not at home.
The device is part of a campaign created by Clemenger BBDO Sydney and is designed to help cat owners get closer to their cats as they shoot a photo every 20 seconds and use motion-detector technology to capture real life moments from the cat’s point of view.
The photos are then upladed to the cats’ own Instagram profiles where their behaviour is analysed and decoded by a “Whiskas cat behaviour expert” through the hashtag #AskWhiskas.
Mars Petcar Australia managing director Sylvia Burbery said: “Whiskas is always looking for new ways to help cat owners get closer to their cats. Working with Clemenger BBDO Sydney we have created Whiskas Catstacam, an innovative idea that allows us to help nurture cat ownership by understanding their behaviour through advice from one of Australia’s leading veterinarian specialists, Dr Jacqui Ley.”
The devices have been produced exclusively for cat-loving celebrities and famous cats, with Nine News presenter Deborah Knight and The Daily Telegraph’s Elle Halliwell part of the campaign to see the world through their cats eyes.
Clemenger BBDO Sydney executive creative director Paul Nagy: “We all know the internet’s obsessed with cats. We wanted to take this a step further by not only giving cats their own Instagram accounts, but the ability to take and upload their own photos, in real time. The result is absolutely mesmerising and gives us new insight into the world of cats.”
The packaging of the device also doubles as a cat toy.
- Executive Creative Director – Paul Nagy
- Creative Director – Luke Hawkins
- Creative Director – Ben Smith
- Senior Copywriter – Denny Handlin
- Senior Art Director – Nick Bonney
- Head of Creative Technology – Brendan Forster
- Group Account Director – Madeleine Marsh
- Senior Account Director – Anna Walters
- Digital Account Director – Josh Armstrong
- Account Manager – George Robertson
- Account Executive – Katie Scrutton
- Social Planner – Toby Clark
- Head of Craft – Tim McPherson
- Senior Designer – Daniel Mortensen
- Device builds – Tech Beach
- Head of Integrated Production – Denise McKeon
- Content Director – Robin Sung
- Content Manager – Annabel Jewers