Woolworths has brought back its ‘Fresh Food People’ positioning in a new brand campaign from Leo Burnett Sydney.
The new ad tracks a variety of products from paddock to store set alongside the ‘We’re Woolworths the Fresh Food People’ jingle. It shows Woolworths staff getting ready for the store to open, with the new line ‘It’s showtime!’ It ends with a brief shot of Woolworths ambassador Jamie Oliver.
Previous creative agency Droga5 had changed the tagline to ‘Australia’s Fresh Food People’ as part of its efforts to refresh the chain’s image, using the quirky ‘Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday’ song after winning the account in 2012.
Todd Sampson, CEO Leo Burnett Australia said: “It was Leo Burnett that created the original ‘Fresh Food People’ campaign 27 years ago and we’re very proud of that.“This new campaign is only the first step in our multi-pronged strategy for Woolworths. It’s an important one as it lays the foundation for what’s to come. But it’s what Woolworths will build on that foundation that’s really exciting.”
Launched on Sunday evening during Channel 7’s X Factor will continue to air on free-to-air and pay-TV in 60 and 30 second versions.
Woolworths chief marketing officer Tony Phillips said in a statement: “The campaign captures the very essence of what makes Woolworths great and unique. It tells the story of our legacy as the Fresh Food People for more than a quarter of a century, and the people who make it possible, the suppliers, growers and staff who bring fresh, contemporary produce to millions of customers every day.”
The integrated campaigns spans across print, online, radio, street and transit media and YouTube pre-rolls.
It runs through to October.
In March Leo Burnett Sydney were added to the supermarket’s creative roster, taking the lead agency position from Droga5 on May 1.
It is the second spot Leos has produced for the supermarket, after its first focused on their red spot specials using the Thunderbirds theme and a giant balloon.
The Woolworths media account is currently out at pitch, with a decision expected in the middle of this month following a meeting of the board.
- Chief Creative Officer – Andy DiLallo
- Managing Director – Peter Bosilkovski
- Group Account Director – Suzie Baker
- Business Director – Tanya Green
- Creative Director – Scott Hignett
- Copywriter – Sharon Edmondston
- Art Director – Misha McDonald
- Creative Director – Joe Van Trump
- Executive Broadcast Producer – Bill Doig
- Director – Jonathan Nyquist
- Producer Rapid Films – Alex Tizzard
- Planning Director – Caroline Ghatt
- Production: Rapid Films
- Client: Woolworths Limited
- Chief Marketing Officer: Tony Phillips
- Head of Brand Communications: Anna Lohe
- Brand Communications Manager: Jane Willersdorf
- Brand Manager Own Brand: Amanda Nakad
- Assistant Brand Communications Manager: Jenna Hockey
- PR Agency: One Green Bean
- Media Agency: Carat