The re-launch of Hoyts Rewards has shocked a young man, whose eyebrows are raised to new heights at the multiple offerings they can receive.
The campaign marks the re-launch of Hoyts Rewards.
The new work, by BWM Dentsu features a young man standing in front of the Hoyts ticket counter, assessing all the different benefits he can receive from joining Hoyts Rewards.
As he learns of each benefit his eyes raise slightly higher in disbelief.
Free movie ticket upon activation:
Earn Hoyts dollars:
Discounts and exclusive preview screenings each week:
He is later joined on screen by a young woman who is equally as surprised and awkwardly asks her to go see a movie.
The tongue-in-cheek ad aims to position Hoyts Rewards as “one of the most generous loyalty programs in the market”, according to Max Savransky, loyalty and crm manager at Hoyts.
Philipa Murphy, senior group marketing communications manager at Hoyts Group said in a statement: “Cinema is the perfect advertising environment to get cut through and guaranteed audience engagement, so in the pre-show our guests are entertained whilst showing the clear message of the benefits of the program.
“The simple, light-hearted humour of the ad clearly demonstrates how irresistibly attainable our Hoyts Rewards program is for all customers.”
“Using entertainment to sell entertainment felt like a natural fit,” Asheen Naidu, executive creative director at BWM Dentsu Sydney said of the work.
The campaign is running across cinemas in Australia and New Zealand.
- Client: HOYTS Group
- Senior Group Marketing Communications Manager – Philipa Murphy
- Loyalty & CRM Manager – Max Savransky
- Agency: BWM Dentsu
- Chief Creative Officer – Rob Belgiovane
- Executive Creative Director – Asheen Naidu
- Creative Group Heads – Denny Handlin & Jon Foye
- Planner – Jack Spicer
- Client Service Director – Brent Kerby
- Account Director – Bonnie Ledsam
- Head of Design – Eeuwout Baart
- Production Company: Plaza Films
- Director – Dave Wood
- Producer – Lee Thomson
- Post Production: The Editors
- Editor – Laurence van Camp
- Audio Post Production: Speed of Sound