Devondale takes aim at congealed cheese block slices in its latest TVC produced by DDB Melbourne.
This year has seen a string of comical Devondale ads with the overarching strategy as positioning the dairy brand as a solution to a problem posed by a competing product.
The ‘Cylcops’ ad stars a frustrated mother attempting to make sandwiches at a children’s birthday party and struggling to pry apart a congealed block of cheese slices.
The ad, shot by Tim Bullock, is the eighth spot from Devondale this year.
DDB Melbourne ECD Darren Spiller said: “Getting angry at inanimate objects, like cheese, is a right-of-passage for parents. We liked the idea of legitimising this phenomenon by giving it a name. Then we just tried to execute it in the most excruciating way possible.”
- General Manager Marketing Innovation & Special Projects: Suzanne Douglas
- Head of Retail Marketing: Pam Burnett
- Marketing Manager: Kit Rahman
- Senior Brand Manager: Laurette Hargreaves
- Executive Creative Director: Darren Spiller
- Creative Director: Simon Bagnasco
- Sr. Copywriter: Robbie Brammall
- Sr. Art Director: Anthony Hatton
- Sr. Agency Producer: Tuesday Picken
- Executive Planning Director: Ian Forth
- Managing Partner: Lisa D’Amico
- Account Director: Katie Kouts
- Account Manager: Kirsten Tidswell
- Production Company: Prodigy Films
- Director: Tim Bullock
- Producer: Alice Grant
- Executive Producer: Jonathan Samway
- DOP: Germain McMicking
- Editor: Adam Wills
- Grade: Edel Rafferty, Method Studios
- Online Edit: Chris Betteridge, Method Studios
- Sound Design: Colin Simkins, Gusto Music
Media: Carat Melbourne