Publicist Jothy Hughes may have taken a hammering in the Mumbrella comments thread after he launched his guarantee to only charge when media coverage is achieved, but he appears to have had the last laugh.
He has released to Mumbrella a list of eight brands which have taken him up on the pay-on-results model since he went public with it just over a week ago.
- Hannah McNicol – a women’s fashion label
- Griffin and Row – skincare
- Australianpoolcompany.com – specialist builder of harbour front and cliff pools
- The Winning Process – a promotional campaign concept
- Apres Velo – a fashion label
- Bumpology.com – women’s maternity range
- Freestyla – a DIY home hair kit
- Proto Partners- a service design consultancy
Among those who have already found themselves paying for those results are Hannah McNicol, owner of both Hannah McNicol and Bumpology.com.
She said (in a press release issued by Hughes): “I signed with him on Monday and by Tuesday night he had me on Today Tonight.”
Hughes said that four clients have been featured on Seven’s currenmt affairs show Today Tonight, while another featured in last week’s Sunday Telegraph.
When Mumbrella wrote about Hughes’ offer not to charge unless they got coverage, many criticised it, saying it devalued the work of PR agencies.