The latest free iPad edition of Mumbrella’s sister title Encore magazine is now live.
Encore became free on the App Store two months ago. The September edition of Encore includes:
- The E List, Encore’s 200 list of the industry’s most powerful media and entertainment players. While the top 100 ran in the print edition, the app is only place to see the full list;
- An exclusive extract from Ita Buttrose’s book, A Passionate Life, plus video extras;
- Behind the scenes of Ten’s hit drama Puberty Blues;
- The significant seven – Australia’s top voiceover artists;
- We ask if producers have finally nailed the correct mix of entertainment and brands in branded content off the back of Host’s Kiwi Sceptics, Qantas’ The Great Crusade and McDonald’s Gets Grilled;
- Our critics examine milk ads;
- Ex Maxus boss David Gaines on why he hates – really hates – Today Tonight;
- We review the Arri Alexa studio camera and Mac operating system Mountain Lion;
- A full guide to what’s in production in film and TV;
- Columnists include: Tim Burrowes on how today’s journalists are too reliant on technology; Guy Gadney on apps for kids; Robin Hicks on irritating ad jingles; Cathie McGinn on 50 Shades of Grey; Sunrise’s EP Michael Pell on filling hours of live TV; Jason Davis on radio partnerships; Enzo Tedeschi on learning distribution models from the pirates; Paul Merrill on the Ab Fab days of magazines; and Paul Cotton on anonymous commenting online;
- How to fake it as a director of photography;
- How Badjar Ogilvy made Myer’s colour of summer ad.