A $4.5m campaign that will run across multiple platforms for energy drink V is aiming to offer to its customers experiences that money can’t buy.
Created by Clemenger BBDO Sydney, the campaign, centred around a rental service will include offers of body building removalists, a pimped-out jacuzzi truck, and puppy wingman to V customers who collect barcodes through an invented company, V Rentals.
A 60-second ad will be backed by four 15-second clips.
Alongside the TVC is a series of webisodes that follow V-Rental owner Glen Gibbon and his experience running the company with casting directors Dave Collins from the Umbilical Brothers and stand up comedian Paul Ayre.
Cameron Davidson, marketing director at V’s mother company Frucor Australia said: “Brands today can’t just say, they have to do, but you have to do in a way that only your brand can. You have to go beyond advertising and create experiences and memories that brings your product and brand promise to life. If you’re a brand that’s promising high energy, then your campaign has to deliver on that energy.”
By entering the barcode of a V at v-rentals.com and explaining in 57 words or less why a V-rental will make ‘everyday more awesome’ contestants will have a chance to trial one of the products.
The TVC component was directed by Jim Hosking who said: “It was clear the agency wanted something a bit ‘wonky’ and wonky is a place where I can relax and make myself exceptionally comfortable.”
The campaign will be supported by point-of-sale, Facebook activity, online display ads and the webisodes.
- Frucor Beverages
- Marketing Director: Cameron Davidson
- Senior Brand Manager: Craig Harkness
- Clemenger BBDO Sydney
- ECD: Paul Nagy
- Creative Director: Matt Follows
- Head of Art: Michael Dole
- Strategic Planner: Simon Gibson
- TV Producer: Lisa Brown
- Creatives: Patrick Chambers, Brendan Willenberg
- Group Account Director: Jess Burvill
- Account Director: Cate Stuart-Robertson
- Senior Account Manager: Will Woods
- Account Coordinator: Olivia Kelly
- Traffic Manager: Tana Athas
- Head of Multi Media Studio and Print Production: Chris Bear
- Senior Producer: Steve Tindall
- Senior Retoucher: Ben Greenfield
- Senior Finished Artists: Steve Leupen, Barb Jacobson
- Finished Artists: Seb Perez, Tom Roder
- Photographers: Gerard O’Connor, Jez Smith
- Stylist: Marc Wasiak
- Head of Craft: Tim McPherson
- Retoucher: Giles Davies
- Designer: Paul Fitzgerald
- Digital Producer: Dave Flanagan
- Production company: Prodigy
- Director: Jim Hosking
- Executive Producer: Jonathan Samway
- Producer: Marge McInnes
- Editor: Richard Learoyd
- Colourist: Christine Trodd
- VFX: Fin