In the lead-up to Mumbrella360 on June 7-9, we revisit highlights from last year’s event.
Two CEOs reveal what it takes to work with them, to impress them, and to earn the trust of a true leader.
Featuring: Hans Hulsbosch, owner and executive creative director, Hulsbosch; Cameron Kerr, director and CEO, Taronga Conservation Society Australia; and Gavin Smith, chief executive officer/regional VP, Royal Caribbean Cruises.
In The Company of CEOs
Moderator: Tim Addington, director, Tag PR
- 0:00 Introduction by Tim Addington
- 1:45 Hans Hulsbosch – building relationships
- 10:00 Never walk in to a meeting with a CEO with a problem
- 11:30 I never have more than 10 words on a page
- 12:50 Keep your mouth shut unless you can add real value
- 13:50 Needs and Roles
- 15:20 Woolworths and Hulsbosch: a relationship of trust
- 17:00 Earning the trust of a CEO
- 21:00 Tim introduces Cameron Kerr and Gavin Smith
- 22:00 When selecting an agency partner what do you look for?
- 25:00 How important is having a relationship with the agency you’re working with?
- 29:30 When did your relationship become an equal partnership?
- 33:00 Audience questions
- 35:33 The difference between brand and advertising; throwing out strategy with CEO
- 40:00 Bringing in the CMO: relationships from the top down
- 46:01 Presentation concludes.
Mumbrella360 takes place between June 7-9. Early-bird tickets are on sale until April 15, offering savings of up to $700.