In the lead-up to Mumbrella360 on June 7-9, we revisit highlights from last year’s event.
Technology: What’s Now and What’s Next
Presentation: Travis Johnson CEO, MNET Mobile
In this presentation Travis Johnson talks about the rapidly evolving tech landscape and how it is affecting marketing, retail and the consumer, and how businesses can adapt and win consumer trust, confidence and repeat business.
- 0:00 Travis Johnson introduces The Mobile World Congress [snapshot video]
- 2:27 MNET: the World’s Most Awarded Company
- 3:00 What keeps 1000 CMOS up at night [slide show]
- 4:30 Everything and everyone is connected – a look at future products
- 5:40 The internet of things: products, feedback, data
- 8:25 Diageo: a case study
- 9:25 NCF Technology: not so new
- 10:15 Vending machines: automated inventory management & changing logistics
- 10:35 20% of US houses are Smart Homes: what does this mean?
- 11:35 The changing dynamic between customers and manufacturers
- 15:20 Introducing 5G connectivity
- 17:20 Everything connected and connectable: drones & balloons – connecting the world
- 18:25 Fee-free internet
- 19:20 New business innovations depend on broadband
- 20:25 Gaming gone mainstream – tech in services and products
- 23:28 Virtual and organic reality – Microsoft’s HoloLens
- 28:10 Wearables and You: watches, FitBits, GoogleGlass
- 35:10 Mobile and Tablet Devices: purchases assisting the consumer and brand
- 37:50 Paying at POS: the future
- 40:00 Mapping the path to purchasing using mobile
- 42:00 Tailoring content to device – scaling display
- 43:25 Disruption and impact
- 44:50 Apps: consumers are deleting more rather than downloading
- 46:40 Consumers and the loss of faith in online security
- 48:35 Presentation concludes
Mumbrella360 takes place between June 7-9. Early-bird tickets are on sale until April 15, offering savings of up to $700.