In the lead-up to Mumbrella360 on June 7-9, we revisit highlights from last year’s event.
Presentation: Lessons From The World’s Best Campaigns
Featuring: Edward Pank
In this presentation, digital marketing specialist Edward Pank takes us through the top 5 ad campaigns as rated by the WARC – World Advertising Research Centre – home to 9,500 case studies – and what made them so successful across all measurement categories.
- 0:00 Introduction to World’s Best Campaigns by Ed Pank
- 2:15 Starting at the end: today’s key takeaways
- 4:38 Number of channels per campaign = 7.4 Warc 100; overall 6.5
- 6:30 Mercedes-Benz A Class #YouDrive social campaign had ROI of 9:1 [case study]
- 11:25 Mobile does not over-index on the Warc 100
- 12:08 Bentley Burial: Leo Burnett Brazil ad earned $22m media campaign
- 16:00 Campaign durations: are they effective if run for less time?
- 17:00 The most common budget is 500,000 Pounds; let’s look at ‘no budget’
- 18:00 Emotion, storytelling and humour are the most effective creative approaches
- 19:00 Visit Mum: British Airways campaign [case study]
- 21:00 Visit Mum became the most shared story in Britain; increased airfares from UK to India by 65%
- 22:30 Proof that emotion sells; digital amplification boosts figures
- 23:00 Warc 100 – 1.5 business metrics used in over-indexing
- 24:24 Hard metrics are the critical factor in campaigns that do well
- 25:00 Ship my Pants: KMart [case study] example of a campaign using hard and soft metrics
- 27:00 Letting the market know about the service via KMart YouTube channel (only) [full ad]
- 27:50 The social, broadcast and earned media response
- 29:30 [infographic] Ad spend around the world compared with how well ad campaigns are doing
- 31:27 Top 10 campaigns – Warc 100 result: APAC [infographic]
- 31:45 Top 10 creative agencies, media agencies and digital agencies – Warc 100: Global [infographic]
- 32:30 Top 10 brands and advertisers: Global and APAC [infographic]
- 33:00 The number #1 campaign overall: Kan Khajura Tesan, India [case study]
- 34:40 Target market: 130 million people without power; 65% of population has access to mobile phones
- 36:00 Kan Khajura Tesan a perfect example of “frugal innovation”
- 38:00 “Building a culture of effectiveness”: up-skilling, diversification, storytelling; “passing to the right”
- 39:40 Match your objectives to the metrics and document the campaign while it is live
- 40:00 presentation concludes
Mumbrella360 takes place between June 7-9. Early-bird tickets are on sale until April 15, offering savings of up to $700.