A digitised woman wearing only a petticoat, wandering through dark city streets searching for her lover, is the centre piece for a new brand campaign for Optus.
The idea behind the ad is that Optus brings people closer through its technology.
Though human beings dominate the ad, the telco has not turned its back on animals. A fish, an octopus, a dog, a kangaroo and a rhino make an appearance in the ad.
The yellow cube in the ad represents the Optus network, which transports the girl from Shanghai to her lover in Canowindra, New South Wales.
The agency behind the campaign was M&C Saatchi, which retained the business after a marathon 10-month review in March.
Gavin Williams, head of segment marketing said: “The message of our new brand campaign is a very simple one – we share in what matters most to you. From connecting you with the people you love, to getting the hottest phone before anyone else, it’s possible with Optus.”
M&C Saatchi ECD Ben Welsh said: “The commercial’s narrative is ‘boy meets girl’ but with a magical digital twist to help push reappraisal of Optus.”
- Client: Optus
- Agency: M&C Saatchi
- Executive Creative Director: Ben Welsh
- Creative Director: Andy Flemming
- Creative Director: Shane Gibson
- Head of Strategy: Colin Jowell
- Senior Producer: Loren August
- Managing Partner: Christine Gardner
- Account director: James Rendel
- Production Company: Goodoil Films
- Director: Michael Wong
- Executive Producer: Juliet Bishop
- Post Production: Fuel VFX
- VFX Supervisor: Steve Anderson
- VFX Producer: Erica Ford
- Art Director: Brendan Savage