Publishers Australia has announced that it is open for entries to its 2012 awards program.
The Publishers Australia awards are back for their 16th year, highlighting and rewarding Australia’s most innovative, creative and successful magazines.
Entries are submitted by Publishers Australia members across the print, online and app spectrum, encompassing consumer, business and custom publications. The search is on for Australia’s best editors, writers, designers and business managers.
PA Chairman Geoff Hird said: “We are again looking forward to a flood of brilliant entries from PA members large and small from across the country. The categories have been tweaked to ensure an even playing field for all, and to encourage our core specialist members to get more involved this year.
The premier awards will require the Audit Bureaux’ stamp of approval, and there will be a strong focus on all entries carrying predominantly Australian content. These two elements will ensure the Excellence Awards continue to grow in credibility and quality across the media sector.”
The entry period will close on Friday 28 September 2012. The Awards will be presented at a gala dinner at the Sydney Hilton on Friday 16 November 2012.
PA’s Excellence Awards are a component of Magazine Week which will again include a two day conference, seminars and workshops at the Sydney Hilton from 15-16 November 2012.
2012 Excellence Awards
View the category criteria and entry rules on our re-designed Magazine Week website: www.magazineweek.net.au.
1. Magazine Cover of the Year – Consumer
2. Magazine Cover of the Year – B2B
3. Magazine Cover of the Year – Custom
4. Designer of the Year – Consumer
5. Designer of the Year – B2B
6. Designer of the Year – Custom
7. Most Successful Audience Development Campaign of the Year
8. Single Article of the Year
9. New Journalist of the Year
10. Journalist of the Year – Consumer
11. Journalist of the Year – B2B
12. Editor of the Year above 20,000 circ. Cont…
13. Editor of the Year below 20,000 circ.
14. Special Edition of the Year
15. Regional Publication of the Year
16. Small Publisher of the Year
17. Re-launch of the Year
18. Launch of the Year above 20,000 circ.
19. Launch of the Year below 20,000 circ.
20. Association or Member Organisation Magazine of the Year
21. Best App on Mobile or Tablet Device
22. Integrated Media Brand of the Year
23. Website of the Year
24. Consumer Magazine of the Year above 20,000 circ.
25. Consumer Magazine of the Year below 20,000 circ.
26. B2B Magazine of the Year
27. Custom Magazine of the Year
28. The Excellence Award (awarded from the winners of Categories 23-27)
Source: press release