KFC is continuing its ‘Shut up and take my money’ campaign, which aims to promote its products to a wider demographic, with a new ad featuring a school cleaner dancing through the hallways.
The fourth instalment of KFC’s latest campaign shows a school janitor who is distressed when his floor is ruined by high school kids running to an exam. When he sees a poster promoting $2.50 chips with gravy the janitor gets his revenge, dancing with the chips and gravy in front of the students trapped in the exam room.
The broader campaign, by Ogilvy Sydney, intends to show consumers there’s something at KFC for everyone, and celebrate KFC Value deals.
The campaign builds on KFC’s ‘playful’ marketing approach highlighted by Nikki Lawson, former chief marketing officer for the South Pacific early last year.
Shaun Branagan, group creative director at Ogilvy said the series has been “an incredible success”.
“Whilst most retail campaigns are moronic and monotonous, this one is designed to sell without the yell, to entertain with story-selling,” Branagan said.
“No one can deny the fact that hot chips can cause food envy more than anything else and as KFC has Australia’s best-tasting chips, this commercial celebrates the irresistible taste and power of our chips,” added Annabel Fribence, marketing director for individual meals at KFC.
“As the next instalment of SUATMM, this playful execution continues to communicate the fact that our value offers are too good to be true offering you so much more than just a low price.”
- Annabel Fribence – Marketing Director, Individual Meals
- Ashley Hughes – Marketing Manager, Individual Meals
- Creative: Ogilvy Sydney
- Production: Ogilvy X
- Director – Graeme Burfoot
- Producer – Jude Lengel
- Post production: The Editors
- Audio – Sound Reservoir
- Head of Broadcast – Rob Spencer
- Supervising Producer – Josh Jenkins
- Senior Agency Producer – Peter Hackforth
- Group creative director: Shaun Branagan `
- Copywriter: Tristan Viney
- Art Director: Carl Robertson
- Group Account Director: Katie Dally
- Account Director: Jess Farahar
- Senior Account Manager: Deborah Tran
- Deputy Head of Strategy – Ryan O’Connell
- Senior Strategist – Katharina Vassar
- Social Strategist: Jennifer Ngai
- Head of Integrated Operations: Jeroen Jedeloo
- Digital Producer: Oriane Veron
- Senior Production Manager: Paul Baron
- Junior Digital Production Manager: Alex Chapman
- Media: Mediacom