Australia Post is urging gift senders to shoot a 15 second video of themselves speaking to the recipient which can be viewed via a QR code on the parcel.
The “video stamp” has been developed by creative agency Clemenger BBDO Melbourne.
The new feature is being promoted with a national TV, digital, print, online video and outdoor campaign, as well as a website and Apple and Android apps.
Clemenger BBDO Melbourne executive creative director Ant Keogh said in a press release: “As an agency we’re excited to provide an innovative, digital solution to a real-world business problem.”
Australia Post chief marketing officer Greg Sutherland said: “This is our busiest time of year and to be able to give people a unique way to deliver their Christmas wishes in person is thrilling for us. .”
- Chief Marketing Officer: Greg Sutherland
- Head of Parcel & Express Services Marketing: Melody Townsend
- Marketing Manager, Buyer Experience: Marina Vaxman
- Marketing Manager, Campaigns and Promotions: Michael Simpson
- Creative Chairman: James McGrath
- Creative Directors: Jim Ingram & Ben Couzens
- Art Director: Jono Fox
- Copywriter: Sophie Beard
- Group Account Director: Dan Lacaze
- Planner: Matt Kingston
- Account Director: Lesley Baker
- Senior Account Manager: Kate Callander
- Account Manager: Evan Johnson
- Creative Technologist: Dan Zabinskas
- Digital Production: Gemma Seeto
- Film Production: Lisa Moro
- Print Production: Nick Short