STW sells one third of DTDigital to WPP

WPP agency Ogilvy & Mather has bought 33.3% of digital ad agency DTDigital from STW Group.

Since STW Group already owns 66.7% of Ogilvy Group Australia – with WPP owning the remaining 33.3% – the investment by WPP in DTDigital brings its ownership in line with that of Ogilvy Australia.

The deal will help the agency, which has 110 staff in the Melbourne office it shares with Ogilvy, with its launch into the Sydney market, announced in December.

STW Group boss Mike Connaghan said: “It’s not in our nature to sell parts of our prized assets but the logic in this instance was overwhelming.  DTDigital already partners closely with Ogilvy Group Melbourne, and there are intentions to expand this partnership with Ogilvy to other markets. The integrated nature of many of our client campaigns make it absolutely right for Ogilvy that we have DTDigital even further aligned with that business. It’s a good deal for all stakeholders.”


Get the latest media and marketing industry news (and views) direct to your inbox.

Sign up to the free Mumbrella newsletter now.



Sign up to our free daily update to get the latest in media and marketing.