Ship Song Project leads winners at Australasian Branded Entertainment Awards
The Ship Song Project by The Monkeys won the top award at last night’s Australasian Branded Entertainment Awards.
The work on behalf of Sydney Opera House won gold in the best brand-commissioned category and also won the grand prix at the event.
The trophy was presented to Monkeys co-founder Mark Green. The ceremony was hosted by Phil Lloyd, star of Review with Miles Barlow and At Home with Julia.
The awards were the culmination of the Festival of Branded Entertainment which was held at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney and attended by more than 200 people across the day.
The event – the first to locally recognise branded entertainment as a discipline in its own right – was organised by Mumbrella and sister title Encore.
Festival curator Cathie McGinn said: “We were surprised and pleased by the volume, quality and of work submitted, and we’re looking forward to an even bigger and better event next year. The awards really recognise exceptional and genuinely entertaining work in this category -most remarkably the jury said how much they had enjoyed the judging process.”
Best use of a small budget:
- Bronze - Mizone Zonelab by The Hallway
- Silver – Medal of Honour – Warfighter by EMG
- Gold – MJ Bale for Grazed on Greatness by Whybin\TBWA\Sydney.
- Bronze – Bundy Booth by Leo Burnett Sydney
- Silver – Durex U+ 1 by The Sound Campaign
- Bronze – Air New Zealand The Kiwi Sceptics by Host
- Silver – Two Words for Tomorrow by The One Centre
- Gold – The Smirnoff Night Project by Special Group
Best integration or brand storytelling – fiction
- Bronze – Fists of Fusion by MercerBell
- Silver – Operation Intel – The Bourne Legacy by Hoodlum.
- Gold - Qantas The Great Crusade by Wonder
Best integration or brand storytelling – non-fiction
- Bronze – Air New Zealand for The Kiwi Sceptics by Host
- Silver – The Gravity Coffee Run by Special Group.
- Gold – McDonald’s Gets Grilled by UM & WTFN
- Silver – Qantas The Great Crusade by Wonder
- Gold – The Ship Song Project for Sydney Opera House by the Monkeys.
- The Ship Song Project for Sydney Opera House by the Monkeys.