MCM Media’s Vevo picks up first advertisers
MCM Media’s newest asset Vevo, the music video and entertainment platform has advertisers in Mentos, Sony Music, Paramount Pictures and Vodafone.
Mentos, Sony Music, Paramount Pictures and Vodafone are the first advertisers to sign up for VEVO, the world’s leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform which launched in Australia on April 16 in a joint partnership between VEVO and MCM Media.
At a function in Melbourne last night, MCM Media’s National Sales Director, Matt Tindale, announced the first ad partners for VEVO, which is the number one music platform on the web, currently generating over 40 million video streams in Australia each month. Mentos is aligning itself with key artist premieres, while Sony Music, Vodafone and Paramount Pictures are tapping into music genres to effectively target their consumers.
VEVO’s latest global analytics show how successful the platform is in delivering for advertisers says MCM Media’s CEO, Simon Joyce. “90% of all commercials running on VEVO are viewed to completion which is 33% higher than the industry average. In addition, VEVO viewers watch an average of 60+ minutes of video programming each month – it’s a premium environment for an engaged audience – and offers advertisers unrivalled scale and effective targeting.”
In the first week since launch (17-23 April), just under 2.2 million unique viewers in Australia watched VEVO on YouTube or the VEVO.com site, there were 66,442 active users on mobile (46,560 downloads of the VEVO mobile app) and 14,056 Facebook app installs. Top artists viewed included Nicki Minaj, Carly Rae Jepsen, One Direction, Reece Mastin and Delta Goodrem.
VEVO’s latest push into the creation of original content was revealed by VEVO CEO Rio Caraeff, at the inaugural Digital New Fronts in New York. VEVO was one of five digital platforms invited to showcase new content – alongside YouTube, Hulu, AOL and Yahoo. Six new series will be going into production in the US and screening globally including:
- Busk or Bust – contestants literally sing for their supper in a reality competition show (in partnership with Shine America)
- Cover Stories – comic, fictional stories behind iconic albums
- Hear Me Out – a dating show where participants’ criteria is based on musical taste
- Sound + City - a look various cities’ music scenes and what influences them (first six episodes: Nashville, Miami, Brooklyn, San Francisco, Portland (Oregon), Atlanta);
- You Play Like a Girl – a look at young girls who are pursuing music as a career, hosted by ex-Hole/Motley Crue drummer Sam Maloney; (co-produced with Mike Welch)
- Strange Island – Flight of the Conchords meets Glee, living somewhere between Gilligan’s Island and Fantasy Island in a new scripted musical comedy series with four aspiring stars looking for a shortcut to fame. Co-producer is Yo Gabba Gabba creator, Scott Schultz.
Source: Vevo press release