Snickers is continuing with its ‘you’re not you when you’re hungry’ campaign, recruiting a group of actors posing as construction workers to stage a candid camera-style experiment to demonstrate the slogan.
The group heckled passers by from a building site in central Melbourne but instead of the usual stereotypical comments, they shouted out empowering compliments including: “You want to hear a dirty word? Gender bias”.
Clemenger BBDO Melbourne executive creative director Ant Keogh said: “It’s not always easy to create a local adaptation of a global theme, but with Snickers, it’s been an absolute delight. The whole premise of ‘You’re not you when you’re hungry’ gives us enormous scope.”
The first locally-produced ad of the campaign, which launched globally with a Betty White ad, featured Home And Away star Ray Meagher.
The online film launched today.
- Marketing Director Matthew Graham
- Group Marketing Manager Brad Cole
- Creative Chairman James McGrath
- Executive Creative Director Ant Keogh
- Copywriter Andre Hull
- Art Director Lee Sunter
- Senior Producer – TV Lisa Moro
- Planning Director Michael Derepas
- Planner Matt Pearce
- Group Account Director Jennifer Chin
- Senior Account Director Tim Clark
- Director Nick Kelly, The Sweet Shop
- Camera Operators Andrew Dunlop / Chas Mackinnon / Jimmy Harmsworth
- Editor Graeme Pereira The Butchery
- Producer Nikolas Aulich, The Sweet Shop
- Production Company Wilf Sweetland (MD) / Edward Pontifex (EP), The Sweet Shop
- Post Production Company The Butchery / The Refinery
- Flame Artist Eugene Richards, The Refinery
- Sound Designer/Engineer Stevo Williams, Flagstaff Studios
- Sound House Flagstaff Studios