The X Factor winner, Samantha Jade
The announcement of Samantha Jade as winner of The X Factor brought Seven an audience of more than 2m last night.
According to OzTAM, a metro audience of 2.162m watched the winner announcement.
Meanwhile the two hour X Factor show leading up to the announcement averaged 1.87m.
The shows were also the top two programs across the three key advertising demographics of 16-39, 18-49 and 25-54.
Across the key ad demos, Seven’s Grimm, which followed The X Factor, was third for the night.
Nine’s best performer of the night was 10 Scariest Plane Landings which rated 859,000 and 10th in total viewers.
Ten’s best performer for the night was a repeat of NCIS, which rated 619,000, placing it the 15th most watched show.
Tuesday’s Top 15 shows:
1. The X Factor – Winner Seven 1.921*m
2. The X Factor – Grand Final Seven 1.881*m
3. Nine News Nine 1.083m
4. Seven News Seven 1.045m
5. ABC News ABC 1.032m
6. Home and Away Seven 1.021m
7. Today Tonight Seven 0.938m
8. Grimm Seven 0.937m
9. A Current Affair Nine 0.927m
10. 10 Scariest Plane Landings Nine 0.859m
11. 7:30 ABC 0.749m
12. The Big Bang Theory Nine 0.722m
13. Ten News Ten 0.642m
14. The Big Bang Theory – 7:00pm – Nine 0.633m
15. NCIS Ten 0.619m
* These preliminary times were updated to the times above.
Tuesday’s channel share:
- Seven: 33.0%
- Nine: 16.8%
- Ten: 12.5%
- ABC1: 12.3%
- SBS1: 3.8%
- 7TWO: 3.1%
- GO!: 3.0%
- Eleven: 2.6%
- 7mate: 2.5%
- Gem: 2.5%
- One: 2.4%
- ABC2: 2.2%
- SBS2: 1.2%
- ABC3: 1.0%
- ABC News 24: 1.0%
Ratings data is copyright OzTAM and may not be reproduced, published or communicated without the prior written consent of OzTAM.