Hywood: 11.2 million happy returns
A significant anniversary has arrived.
Greg Hywood has been at the helm of Fairfax Media for exactly five years this month.
Dr Mumbo has a few numbers to share, without further comment.
The value of Fairfax Media shares on the ASX:
- When Hywood took the helm in February 2011: $1.38
- Now: 79.5c
The current value of $1,000 invested in Fairfax shares on the day Hywood joined:
FXJ five year share price (blue) against the ASX 200 (red) | Source: Google Finance
- The company’s annual turnover in 2011: $2.5bn
- The company’s annual turnover last year: $1.9bn.
Fairfax’s net profit after tax over the last five years:
- 2011 – Loss of $389,667
- 2012 – Loss of $2,784,785
- 2013 – Loss of $312,852
- 2014 – Profit of $225,168
- 2015 – Profit of $87,205
Number of print copies circulated of the Sydney Morning Herald:
- At the start of 2011 – 209,644
- At the start of 2016 – 104,155
Hywood’s total salary and benefits (not including the current financial year) since taking charge:
Dr Mumbo wishes Greg a thoroughly happy five year anniversary.