Bonds reaches out to all Australians with ambitious The Birthday Project
Clemenger BBDO has created its first work for Bonds with an ambitious project stretching across online, social media, outdoor, print and radio inviting the public to claim their date of birth and receive a personalised T-shirt.
The outdoor element of the The Birthday Project campaign is one of the biggest in Bonds history. It will also mark the first time that the Pacific Brands-owned Bonds has done a pure brand campaign rather than promote specific items from its range.
Bonds will be giving away 15,000 T-shirts to the first people to claim their date of birth from the 35,000 dates up for grabs.
At the centrepiece of the campaign is the The Birthday Project website where consumers can race to be first to claim their date.
Clems was already on the Pac Brands roster although it has not worked on Bonds before. Fellow Pac Brands agency Banjo remains on the roster.
The project is the first major campaign to break since Lindsey Evans officially too control of the marketing of Pacific Brands underwear brands.
The campaign officially launches this lunchtime in Sydney with the PR event unveiling of a portrait shot by photographic artist Darren Sylvester, of a group of famous Aussies wearing their T-shirts. The PR campaign is being led by Baker Brand.
Media is being led by Mediacom Melbourne.
The outdoor campaign features a mixture of existing Bonds ambassadors and ordinary Australians cast via Facebook.
Consumers who take part in the project will also be offered discount vouchers for Bonds online store.
- Agency: Clemenger BBDO Melbourne
- Creative Chairman: James McGrath
- ECD: Ant Keogh
- Creative Directors: Jim Ingram & Ben Couzens
- Creatives: Jim Ingram, Ben Couzens, Julian Schreiber, Tom Martin.
- Group Account Director – Mark Gretton
- Senior Account Director – Doni Savvides
- Account Manager – Melissa Lay
- Senior Producer – Sevda Cemo
- Print Producer – Monique Martino
- Head of Studio Production: Sharon Adams
- Head of Digital Production: Chris Kerr
- Digital Producer: Felizia Harder
- Digital Design Lead: Peter Bakacs
- Designers: Brian Foo, Nicole Shuttleworth, Jenny Nixon
- Technical Lead: Daniel Zabinskas
- Developers: Jamie Le Seouf, Peter Turner, Nicole Shuttleworth,
- Hugh Campbell
- Quality Assurance: Jeremy McMillan
- Planning Director – Mike Derepas
- Social Strategist – Sasha Cunningham
- Photographer – Christopher Tovo
- Producer – Monica Clapcott / Adam Litchfield