Cinemas to smell of coffee in Nescafe Blend 43 campaign
Cinemas will be filled with the smell of coffee as part of a Nescafé Blend 43 campaign ad created by Publicis Mojo.
The ad featuring The Sapphires and Redfern Now actress Shari Sebbens was launched on television on Sunday, and will feature in experiential screenings at Val Morgan cinemas in Sydney and Melbourne throughout July, along with a standard cinema plan around the country arranged by Zenith Optimedia.
The campaign focuses on the emotional bond between a father and his daughter, as he reminisces about her childhood while making her a cup of Nescafé in the brand’s signature red cup. Australian musician Mark Wilkinson wrote the music for the ad.
It is the first campaign for Nescafé Blend 43 since 2008, Publicis Mojo says.
Joe Pollard, Publicis Mojo CEO, said: “Nescafé blend 43 and the distinctive red cup has been loved for generations. It made sense for us to show the connections the brand has helped foster between these generations, to tug at the heartstrings and reignite the love affair. We worked hard to find Mark Wilkinson, a local Australian musician,to record a bespoke piece for us to enhance the overall story.”
Nestlé head of marketing for Beverages at Nestlé, Camille Meylan said: “It’s easy to forget, with our obsession with social media and technology, the value of a simple, human connection. Catching up over a cup of Nescafé blend 43 is an Australian institution and just as relevant and powerful today, perhaps more so. It was important to recapture the essence of the brand and the reason why it is so loved as a market leader.”
- Creative Director – Michael Dole
- Creative Director – Ian Williamson
- Copywriter –Oskar Westerdal
- Art Director – Sam Pemberton
- Executive Producer Mojo Motion – Brendan Thomas
- Team Leader – Steve Anastasiadis
- Planning Director – Emily Taylor
- Senior Account Manager – Monique Goshn
- Agency Producer – Jasmin Helliar & Kilou Picard
- Production Company – The Feds
- Director – Ben Lawrence
- Producer – Mel Weinman
- Sound – Rafael May Music
- Chief Strategy Officer: Nicole Milward
- Strategy Director: Sean Cannon
- Business Director: Terrie Severin