DDB launches ‘Nightmare spots’ campaign for VW’s parking technology
DDB has launched a press and poster campaign for its oldest client, Volkswagen.
The idea behind the ads is that any parking spot, no matter how precarious it may seem, is easy to negotiate with VW’s Park Assist technology.
The ECD behind the campaign was Dylan Harrison, who is responsible for VW’s most awarded press campaign of all time – Cops – which he co-created while at DDB London, with recent DDB Sydney departee Simon Veksner.
Harrison told Mumbrella: “All good VW ads are about how a product truth is translated into a human truth. Cops was about how the build rigidity of a VW translated into how people behave around it. These ads are about how VW’s automotive technology make people think differently about parking.”
He added: “There’s a very similar tone of voice in terms of how the driver sees the world. If the campaign is compared to Cops, that can only be a good thing.”
The Nightmare Spots campaign was shot by local photographer Andreas Bommert, while Cops was shot by UK snapper Paul Murphy.
- General Manager, Marketing: Jutta Friese
- Brand Communications Manager: Peter Stewart
- Advertising Specialist: Loren Elsegood
- Executive Creative Director: Dylan Harrison
- Creative Directors: Steve Wakelam and Nick Pringle
- Creative Team: Steve Wakelam and Nick Pringle
- Managing Partner: Nicole Taylor
- Business Director: Dave Murphy
- Business Executive: Kim Friedlaender
- Print Producer: John Wood
- Art Buyer: Leesa Murray
- Retouching: Matt Bright
- Photographer: Andreas Bommert
- Producer: Grant Navin – Freeway Reps
- Media Agency: MediaCom